Friday, October 1, 2010

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (Symphony of the Night) Review

I remembered playing and completing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night back in high school on my cousin's PlayStation roughly around 10 years ago. Once I saw the PSP version of it, I immediately bought the original copy for a bargain price RM110. Call me impulse buying, but I just couldn't resist my instinct to invest in this trip back to the past.

The Characters
Lord Dracula and his son Alucard.

Richter Belmont and Maria Renard

The Story
Alucard, who vows to put an end to Dracula, his own father, crosses path with Maria in Castlevania who seeks Richter Belmont who went missing after defeating Dracula 4 years ago.

The Twist
Well usually in games or movies, the big twist comes with the story. The same applies here, except with a huge plus. After beating the what is commonly known as the "Final Boss", the entire map is flipped upside down to give the player a deja vu experience.


Highly recommended, if you like 2D action adventure platformer with RPG elements. One of the best platformer game money can buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment